Friday, February 06, 2004

I Hear from a Candidate



So, on the eve of the Washington Caucuses, I should share my results of the question on the blanket primary posted further down this blog. Of the major candidates I contacted, I heard from a grand total of ONE (1) Candidate on the list.

And the winner is: John Kerry

Here's the gist of the letter:

I don't think John Kerry has taken a specific position on this issue. It will be handled by the state legislature and/or courts.

However, he does believe that we need todo more to encourage people to vote and participate in the political process, regardless of what party they belong to.

Thanks, and I apologize for taking so long to respond to you.

A-------- W---
WA State Director


So that's a bit of non-answer, and a bit rah-rah at the end, but at least the Kerry campaign took the time and effort to response, and I have to give them props for that. I just got back from my irregular Friday-Night Poker game, where a LOT of the gang are involved in the caucuses tomorrow, and took the wind out of the sails of a very passionate supporter of Dean by pointing out that at least Kerry kept up the contact. And for that, he gets a few points in my book, and I am much more positively disposed towards his organization as a result.

(And as of midnight tonight, I'm still undecided, but I have to make a call by the time I get to the caucus tomorrow morning).

More later,