Friday, January 14, 2005

Meme of Self-Discovery

I haven't done one of these Five Questions/Twenty Five Questions/Way Too Many Questions type quizzes for a while, but its Friday, and we're seeing a little more traffic here on Grubb Street from the recently published story on the Magic: The Gathering site, and I ganked this from Chrismonkey:

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Hawai'i, Big island, dry side of the island, probably North of Kona. That's if I had as much money as God. If I had MORE money than God, I would renovate the two top floors of a brownstone overlooking central park, and the renovation would include a "Dr Strange" window (Yes, I know the good doctor is in Greenwich Village, but work with me on this - I have more money than God).

2. YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
Whatever is comfortable. The "article" I always have on me is a clip-watch hanging from my beltloop. I keep destroying wristwatches, and discovered I keep timepieces better when I'm not wearing them on my wrists.

3. LAST CD YOU BOUGHT?
A collection of traditional Christmas Music purchased as a whim at Border's. Oddly Kate also picked up a Christmas album at the IKEA, "Northwest Christmas 7", or something, but its opening cut was so abysmal, a country-western weeper about loved ones serving overseas, that it was never played more than once.

4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
When I have work to do, at dawn. Which is a great thing in the Summer months, a horrible thing in the Winter, when we get all of about 45 minutes of daylight. Then I rely on an alarm clock to be up by seven.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
If I said my Lovely Bride, she would be so displeased. So I'm going to go with my KitchenAid Mixer.

6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
A Watts Geodetic Micrometer Theodolite. Or maybe a pre-CBS Stratocaster.

7. FAVORITE COLOR?
Blue. It makes me happy.Even when I have the blues.

8. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
Hybrid. Oh, break my arms and I'll choose a Sports Car. A classic 'vette Stingray.

9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
I believe it in more and more as I get closer and closer to it.

10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
Chronicles of Prydain by Alexander Lloyd, better known to most as The Black Caldron.

11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
Spring. Time for rebirth and all that.

12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Flight. Don't believe what they tell you about Time Stop - Yes, you can move from place to place in an instant with Time Stop, but its the journey, not the destination that matters.

13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
No tattoo, and no desire to get one.

14. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
Only balls of two or less.

15. THE ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO.
Both of my grandfathers. I always want to know more about their lives.

16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Sunday, particularly Sundays with a lot of unscheduled time.

17. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR/TRUCK?
First aid kit, tire changing stuff, I tend to keep it pretty empty, since if someone steals your car, you feel doubly dumb that you left the Monet in the trunk.

18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Average sushi beats everything shy of a great hamburger.

19. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR PAST?
No. I'm pretty pleased with my choices, and would worry that I would screw things up.

20. WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PERFECT TRIP?
Three days for the Louvre. Two days for the D'Orsay. Two days for the British Museum. Full day for the National Gallery. And I get to take pictures.

21. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM?
Chris McKitterick, former fellow member of the Thousand Monkeys Writing group.

22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HISTORICAL PERSONAGE?
Mark Twain

23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
I do a hot sausage pasta that's good, but the best is the Christmas Day feast, with good company and brined turkey.

24. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
August 27, a long, long time ago. In a galaxy far, far away.

25. THREE COOL WEBLINKS:
Today in Alternate History
Mt St. Helens' Volcano-Cam!
Jeff Russell's Starship Dimensions