Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day Gaming

Woof, I'm tired today.

Yesterday the Lovely Bride and I hosted our "annual impromptu Labor Day open house and gaming session", where we invited friends over for about 8 hours of gaming, mixing the streams on no less than three different game groups that the LB and I are part of. And everyone had a great time, but I am a little worn out.

We had about a dozen people over, which stretched the limits of our horseshoe-driveway to its max. We warmed up with bocce (which forced me to the wikipedia to determine the difference between bocce and lawn bowls). We played (in no particular order and in various combinations of players - Last Night on Earth, Ticket to Ride, Citadels, Formula De, Tikal, and Carcasonne: Hunters and Gatherers (Odd that so many of these games were in The Top 100 Hobby Games volume).

We had pizza and watermelon and way too many snacks. We loved hanging out with the gang. We had a fine old time. But this morning, I am just beat.

More later,